User talk:Robotech Master/Humans First (and Chakat Second)
I don't think it needs a XXX label. Anything explicit is implied, not shown. Other than that, It's a well done story, and has interested me in the Chakat universe. Now to find the other stories that aren't porn. --Concerned Reader 04:06, 18 July 2009 (UTC)
- Mmm...I agree with CR. Definitely not pr0n. In fact, this is an impressive story. I liked it a lot. Think you can come up with a settings page, or a link to one that already exists? I'm sorta interested in this universe...seems like good story material to me. Anyway, great story. Once again, hope you got another somewhere.
- And by the way, how do you write so fast? Just wondering. I can't ever seem to write quickly. --Drake 06:52, 21 July 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks for the kind words!
- Well, the links in my author's note at the top of the story go to wikifur pages about Chakats and the Chakona Space setting, and to the website hosting all the "official" stories. There is also the appendix in which I link directly to some of the Chakona Space stories that inspired this one. Given that this is the only Chakat story on Shifti so far, I'm not sure a settings page within the wiki is really called for. Perhaps ShadowWolf could point the link in the setting template at somewhere appropriate.
- And here's an introduction to Chakats that tells more about their origins, physiology, and culture.
- As to how I write fast, part of it is inspiration, and the other part is that I don't have a job right now… :P —Robotech Master 09:25, 21 July 2009 (UTC)
Just a warning, WolfyDrake, a lot of the chakat stories are almost strait up porn. I'd stick to Robotech's list, and then start reading others when you feel more adventurous. --Concerned Reader 12:58, 21 July 2009 (UTC)
- Or else they're "erotica"—which is just porn with a good publicist. (The term "yiff" would probably also apply.) Not a surprise, really; chakats' physical characteristics are such that they could easily have been (and in fact probably were) created to satisfy four or five fetishes simultaneously. (None of the stories I link is too bad in that regard, though there is a fairly descriptive sex scene in "Transformations" that is still positively low-key when compared to Bernard's earlier stuff!)
- The really remarkable thing about the setting is how it grew out of fetish erotica and into a shared setting that contains a number of serious and interesting stories (even if it does bear more than a passing resemblance to the Star Trek universe in some places). There are a lot of pretty good (and a couple of truly great) stories that have little to no erotica whatsoever. (There are also more than a few Mary Sues or undisguised fanfics. But that's what you get with any shared universe on the Internet.)
- Of course, there's also a lot of stories where the sex scene is longer than the rest of the story. (Especially the early stuff by Bernard, most notably "The Admiral and the Chakat".) I don't particularly mind it, but others' mileage may vary. —Robotech Master 15:41, 21 July 2009 (UTC)