Talk:Best of Shifti
No, no, NO! Not that one! ANYTHING but that one!
Yea, sure, you can use it.
--Michael Bard, Oct 1/2008
- Given that it's going to cost ~$20 a copy to give one to the authors, I voluntarily give up my free copy. I will buy it to support Shifti. I strongly recommend other authors do the same.
- --Michael Bard, Oct 7/2008
Yes. I give full permission to use my story 'Gaia's Rain' in your Anthology.
Aka James Wolf 10/1 2008
Thank you both! ^^
--Devin 17:51, 1 October 2008 (EDT)
Meh. Feel free, so long as the publication process doesn't screw up the formatting. --Viqsi 20:47, 1 October 2008 (EDT)
Go for it. Cubist 01:07, 2 October 2008 (EDT)
- Addendum to above: I'd like to receive a contributor's copy. Cubist 06:51, 12 October 2008 (EDT)
I hereby give permission to use my story in exchange for a contributor copy of the anthology. --Xodiac 14:50, 2 October 2008 (PDT)
Hiya! I'd be happy to see Hoof Beat in print - for my part, since this is a fund raiser, a courtesy copy (or two, :grin:) of the book would be all the payment I would look for. Hope it works out! --Bob Stein 16:30, 2 October 2008 (EDT)
Huh. No objections to using 501st, but I think I've written better ones more recently. Maybe the Perils of Voice Acting. I'll see if I can draw something related and scan it. --Joysweeper 22:16, 2 October 2008 (EDT)
- Sudden thought - 501st is borderline fan fiction. Lucasarts mostly ignores fan fiction, but a couple of years back there was a lot of trouble when someone wrote a fan novel and put it on Amazon. I'd rather not stir anything up. Maybe this story should be pulled. --Joysweeper 12:34, 7 October 2008 (EDT)
- Potential is there, always…
- This is clearly not "Star Wars"
- Where it does touch on Lucas Arts/Lucas Films licensed material it is edge-on - ie: it doesn't do so in any manner that could be construed as anything but deferential
- I don't think we have anything that could replace it - and besides, this story is one of the few that received multiple nominations, so it is, quite clearly, one of the "Best of Shifti"
- However… If you feel that strongly about it I will discuss replacements for it with the rest of the administrative staff. -- ShadowWolf 22:41, 7 October 2008 (EDT)
- Hmm. You should have seen the fan rage about that novel; people really thought Lucasarts was going to come down on fanfiction in general. And my story doesn't have just a few name drops or comparisons... I don't feel strongly about it, no, I'm just wary.
- Guess I'll follow Bard's example and say no copy for me, thanks, but I would like to see scans of front and back cover. What are you thinking about in terms of cover art? --Joysweeper 23:07, 7 October 2008 (EDT)
- The cover is being done by Craven and is planned to be a version of DaVinci's "The Vitruvian Man" showing someone in mid-TF. -- ShadowWolf 06:12, 8 October 2008 (EDT)
- After discussion among the staff here, we've decided to err on the side of caution and run with your suggested replacement, "The Perils of Voice Acting". -- ShadowWolf 09:07, 11 October 2008 (EDT)
You have permission to use "Public Domain" for this collection. However, if I can sell it elsewhere, I reserve the right. I probably won't, mind you. But... Phil Geusz
Sure, you can use "Sisters Three" as long as Jon approves; he's in the story so he should have some say. CGM
- I don't mind the story getting included if we make some changes to the names of the characters. --Buck 22:03, 3 October 2008 (EDT)
You may use my story "A Long Forgotten Madness" in your Best of Shifti book. I'm honored that you would so ask. --MatthiasRat 21:40, 3 October 2008 (EDT)
I have no problem with you using "Swift of Foot and Hoof", though someone might want to give it a quick edit first. I'm sure that I ran into the occasional "pronoun trouble" as Sylvester used to say.--Eirik 10:51, 4 October 2008 (EDT)
I'd be honored to have my story, "What You Eat", included in your fund-raising book. Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help this along, I can be reached at lady(dot]amalthea[at)gmail(dot]com -- Leasara 16:04, 4 October 2008 (EDT)
- Looks like I misread the page, thought we were getting a copy of the book unless we declined it here. I would like to request a complimentary copy, since it's the first time anything of mine will see print and I don't know if I'll be able to afford it otherwise. -- Leasara 23:15, 28 October 2008 (EDT)
Ye Editor here, with a progress report: I've finished tweaking RUSH HOUR, REPLAY, and TWO-PAGE SUICIDE NOTE. Should I send the edited manuscripts to their authors for review (which is what I'd do if this were ANTHRO)? If not, what is the protocol? Currently in progress: Working over HOOF BEAT... Cubist 06:47, 12 October 2008 (EDT)
I need to trim down "Perils of Voice Acting", but I can't decide what should be cut! I've been blinded to its flaws, and I would really appreciate someone telling me how I can edit it down. --Joysweeper 13:06, 2 November 2008 (EST)
- I'd suggest you not worry about it - Cubist is editing all the stories for us. When he's got each one done he's been sending the edits back to the authors for approval. -- ShadowWolf 17:29, 2 November 2008 (EST)
Any progress on this?
Just wondering. Haven't heard a thing since I was asked if I wanted to be included, and it looks like the page hasn't seen any action since November 2 of last year. --Leasara 05:06, 30 June 2009 (UTC)
- We are having some problems with the editing. Please be patient. -- ShadowWolf 09:56, 30 June 2009 (UTC)