- Shifti:Policy - What's allowed and not allowed, and what the goals of the site are
- Basic formatting
- Help:Posting stories - A guide intended to help new users post stories to the site
- Help:Editing - A basic overview of general page editing
- Help:Sections - How to add chapter headings and otherwise divide up very long pages
- Help:Templates - Snippets of code to add to pages for decorative and informational purposes
- Help:Images - Shifti is not an image archive, but images for illustrating stories are allowed
- Help:Footnotes - How to create automatically-formatted footnotes.
- Housekeeping and organizing pages
- Help:Page protection - Ways to prevent other people from editing your pages
- Help:Categorization - How to add pages to categories and make them sort the way you want them to
- Help:Talk pages - How to post comments about any page on Shifti
- Help:User pages - Your homepage on Shifti
- Help:Watchlist - If you've got numerous stories posted, a watchlist can help you keep track of comments people add to them.
- Help:Semantic tags - All about the semantic tagging templates that are available
- Other Topics
See also Shifti:Sandbox, a page whose only purpose is for users to experiment with editing on.
To request assistance, see Shifti:Administrators.
For a much more comprehensive guide to MediaWiki in general, see the MediaWiki handbook over at the Meta wiki.