User talk:MatthiasRat/Model Building
Very nice so far, I really liked your other stories in this setting. One thing that occurred to me why didn't the bull have his horns cut? AFAIK no blood vessels to complicate matters and they don't keep growing so he'd just need someone to help him one time and be done with it - although it would probably be about as pleasant as having a tooth pulled.
- To be honest, I haven't really given thought to Walter cutting his horns. I haven't read of anybody else trimming head gear, but if it is as you say with long horn bulls that the horns can be trimmed once and for all, well, there are a few things that pop into my mind. Walter may actually like the horns and doesn't want to lose them. The Change does adjust one to accept their new body. Maybe the thought of cutting his horns is just too horrifying to him now as a bull. Being a bull, he could be vain about his horns. Or its just that it would be a permanent change and there is some timidity in him about doing it.
- So I'm not really sure, but the more I think about Walter, the more I think he's the type to change the world around him to suit himself than to change himself to suit the world. So the horns stay for him.
- Thanks for reading and for asking such a thought provoking question! :-)
- --MatthiasRat 13:46, 2 November 2008 (EST)
- There could be a few other reasons to explore. Perhaps he's not sure what would happen to the veil if he made such a dramatic change to himself. How would that appear to his human form? Also, to go along with the vanity, his full-horned formed would be very intimidating, which depending on what kind of lawyer he is might actually be an asset. The other, despite all of his preparation and such, might simply be that he has never given removal a moments thought. He might have simply assumed that such a thing wasn't possible, so the serious thought that they couldn't be taken off never really came to the front of his mind. Sorta like a new skunk morph and having their scent glands removed. Completely possible, a Changed vet could do it, but the thought probably wouldn't cross most peoples mind.
- --Eirik 14:15, 3 November 2008 (EST)