|In this past October (2020) the Shifti Community lost Chris "Robotech Master" Meadows to an accident involving an SUV hitting his electric bike and leaving the scene. While we may never know the full story of this event, the administrators of Shifti will work to preserve his account and works here as he'd wish us to. Thank you all for being such excellent people.|
- Shifti:Policy - What's allowed and not allowed, and what the goals of the site are
- Basic formatting
- Help:Posting stories - A guide intended to help new users post stories to the site
- Help:Editing - A basic overview of general page editing
- Help:Sections - How to add chapter headings and otherwise divide up very long pages
- Help:Templates - Snippets of code to add to pages for decorative and informational purposes
- Help:Images - Shifti is not an image archive, but images for illustrating stories are allowed
- Help:Footnotes - How to create automatically-formatted footnotes.
- Housekeeping and organizing pages
- Help:Page protection - Ways to prevent other people from editing your pages
- Help:Categorization - How to add pages to categories and make them sort the way you want them to
- Help:Talk pages - How to post comments about any page on Shifti
- Help:User pages - Your homepage on Shifti
- Help:Watchlist - If you've got numerous stories posted, a watchlist can help you keep track of comments people add to them.
- Help:Semantic tags - All about the semantic tagging templates that are available
- Other Topics
See also Shifti:Sandbox, a page whose only purpose is for users to experiment with editing on.
To request assistance, see Shifti:Administrators.
For a much more comprehensive guide to MediaWiki in general, see the MediaWiki handbook over at the Meta wiki.